November 6, 2008
The UKBA has released the following information on how employees entering the UK (under the new Tier 2 program) will be expected to meet the government’s stipulations based on the new Points-Based System (PBS):
The employee must show s/he has enough money to support him/herself.
This obligation can be met by:
- Revealing personal savings of £800 and proving this balance is consistent for no less than three months prior to the date of application; OR
- Obtaining an A-rated sponsor (i.e., an employer) who will confirm, if necessary, that they will accommodate the employee during the first full month in the UK.
Below are acceptable forms of evidence for the above-noted provision:
- Personal bank or building society statement covering the threemonth period immediately preceding the application;
- Building society pass book documenting the prior three-month period;
- Letter from bank confirming funds for three consecutive months;
- Letter from a financial institution regulated by the Financial Services Authority validating funds for three months consecutively; and/or,
- Undertaking support from an A-rated sponsor. This concession currently applies only to the employee. Each additional dependant must show that s/he has held the relevant sum of £533 for at least three successive months.
Thank you for affording us the opportunity to assist you with this immigration update.
We trust that you find this Alert useful in the planning of your global immigration moves.
Pro-Link Global Group Limited
+1 623 670 7576 Direct
+1 480 247 4287 Fax
+1 941 704 3781 Mobile