February 17, 2009

Swiss citizens, their dependants (spouses and children) and those with a permanent residence permit or long term permit (B-permits) are eligible to work as an employee or can be self-employed.

Though the above-noted are eligible to work in Switzerland, the employment contract between the individuals and the new employer needs to be sent to the authorities. This enables the authorities to control the immigration status of the individual based on the previous-issued residence permit.

Thank you PLG|KGNM Switzerland for this important global update