Effective February 21, 2015, Citizenship and Immigration Canada recently implemented process and fee changes to LMIA-Exempt Work Permit Applications.
Pro-Link GLOBAL’s Canadian KGNM Mark Holthe discusses how these changes in immigration regulations will affect business in Canada. He answers the following questions in this podcast:
- What change(s) have come about due to this new law and why did Canada feel the need to make such changes?
- What type of work permit categories must comply with the new requirement?
- How will this new requirement change the application package and processing times for a work permit application.
- For HR / Immigration contacts in Canada, what sort of records should be kept and should those with such responsibility undergo any type of training?
- If a company is found to be non-compliant, will they face any type of penalties / punishment?
Thank you for listening! We welcome your comments and topic suggestions for upcoming podcasts. Please email Cassandra Seaman our Marketing Specialist at Sandi.Seaman@pro-linkglobal.com.
Image Credit: 3d RSS Icon from Vector.me