Dan Morris joined us in 2014 and relocated to our Worldwide Headquarters from Chicago, Illinois where he practiced as a litigation defense attorney with one of Chicago’s top-ranked defense firms. Today, he is based out of Minneapolis, Minnesota as a member of the company’s Global Immigration Counsel team. Dan is admitted to practice law in the State of Illinois and holds qualifying law degrees from both the United States (J.D.) and the United Kingdom (LL.B).
Since joining the company, Dan has written extensively on Global Immigration topics ranging from compliance issues in the BRIC and MINT nations to Free Trade Agreements in Australia and China. His work has appeared on the cover of Mobility Magazine with further recognition across the globe. His passion for public and private international law has presented him with opportunities to lead webinar presentations on the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Oman to HR and Global Mobility Professionals from around the world. Most recently, Dan earned his first nomination by the Forum for Expatriate Management (FEM) and was shortlisted for “Global Mobility Rising Star of the Year 2016” at the EMMAS for EMEA held in London.
As a practicing attorney, Dan has devoted hundreds of hours of pro bono service to indigent clients who cannot afford legal representation in the United States. Through his work with the National Immigrant Justice Center, he has successfully petitioned the United States government for inadmissibility waivers, employment authorization documents and U non-immigrant adjustments of legal status on behalf of domestic violence survivors. His experiences living and working in Ecuador, the Czech Republic, Ireland, England, and the Netherlands allows Dan to provide first class legal services to the company’s corporate clients.
Outside of his role as Associate Global Immigration Counsel, Dan enjoys international travel, the beach, playing air hockey and volunteering.
• William Mitchell College of Law (St. Paul, MN) – 2011 (J.D.)
• BPP Law School (London, United Kingdom)- 2010 (LL.B)
• BPP Law School (London, United Kingdom)- 2010 (Graduate Diploma in Law)
• University of St. Thomas (St. Paul, MN)- 2007 (B.A.)
• 2011, Supreme Court of Illinois
• American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA); Illinois State Bar Association; Chicago Bar Association; American Bar Association- Judicial Intern Opportunity Program-Mentor; National Immigrant Justice Center.