July 1, 2005

With the recent May 05 change in the citizenship law, people who lost their Canadian citizenship as minors between January 1, 1947, and February 14, 1977, can apply to resume their citizenship without having to become permanent residents and live in Canada for one year. The requirements concerning official language ability and knowledge of Canada also do not apply to these cases, but the people concerned must make an application and take the oath of citizenship.

Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizen/notice-resumption.html