July 1, 2005

In Canada post-graduation work program previously allowed students to work for one year. Now with the recent change in the law certain students to work for up to two years after their graduation.

Foreign students are eligible for a post-graduation work permit only for employment in their field of study. They must still have a valid study permit and apply for the work permit within 90 days of receiving written confirmation (transcript, letter, etc.) from their institution indicating that they have met the requirements of their program.